Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Oh my, I have really been a slacker here! I do, however, have wonderful news: We got a great check up last week. LizBeth's fundo is still intact. She showed a teensy bit of reflux during the upper GI, but nothing like what it would be if the fundo had come undone. And Lizzie acted like the world's happiest baby all throughout the hospital. She sat up (propped on either side) in her stroller and looked at everyone we passed. She had lots of laughs and smiles for the nurses. We're not sure what caused the episodes, but it could have possibly been a tummy virus, complete with abdominal pain and retching. Right now she is sitting on the couch talking to herself! She ate about 1/4 cup mashed potatoes today for her daddy. We have figured out that if we wait until she is screaming for a bottle, it's useless to try and feed her food. But if we feed her when she's only "griping", she eats great!

We were able to take a mini vacation last week after Liz's appointment. After her doctor visit on Monday, freezing rain began to fall mixed with some good ole sleet. We slowly made it to Ada and stayed at Nana and Papa's until Thursday waiting for the roads to clear up. I had to miss two days of school so our Principal explained to my students why I wasn't there to teach them, and they took "stuck in the snow" literally They thought I had my hand stuck in the snow and couldn't come back because of that! Keep in mind, they are 3-4 years old. Isn't that precious! )

No comments: