Saturday, July 18, 2009

VBS was a blast! It ended last night with a cookout for all the kids and their parents. Lizzie was such a trooper this week. She had perfect attendance along with Katelyn and Sarah:) Today she was lying on her tummy and, with some assistance from me, pulled her head up to see what was going on. At first she protested, but then as the girls and I kept shouting encouragement, she actually smiled. Smiles and work usually do not go together with Lizzie.

I have all the medical equipment stacked neatly in the garage ready to send back when the doctors discontinue it. I am amazed at how much stuff we needed to make sure Lizzie was going to be okay. So many machines that intimidated us at first; so many procedures that were a bit unnerving; and now nothing. Lizzie has been healed by God. We know it's going to be a long road ahead, but she is alive and well. When I seek her lack of physical improvement, it makes me sad. But then I remember how far she's come. God is so good!

Well, everyone is this house is awake, except Liz, so I need to help get these people in the bed!

1 comment:

Lois said...

love reading about your precious family and you are all in my prayers. Liz gets extra time. I;m sure you won't mind.
Lois