Saturday, August 1, 2009

Just hangin' out at Corning with my family. Pictured above is my sister, Kayla and Mom and LizBeth.

This is my Uncle Jimmy and Grandma. (My Mom's youngest brother and her Mom.)

This is more family - Scott on the floor with his son Aaron; Derek laying over the edge of the couch, my sister and Trey.

Sarah and her favorite "new" family member, Uncle Derek. He's actually her cousin, but she likes to call him uncle. In fact, she has a room ready for Derek over here in Guymon. As you can see, Nana Diane held the Princess quiet a bit in Arkansas.

We have so many pictures and stories to tell that I will probably add a little every day, so as not to overwhelm the viewers at home:) We spent the first few days in Arkansas just hangin' out and catchin' up. Grandma looked good and seemed to feel pretty good too. Katelyn and Sarah had a blast.
I am really tired after today's adventure. We were ready to leave Wichita this morning when my van wouldn't start. After what seemed like 50 attempts, it started. We were staying at a hotel right next to the mall, so we were able to drive to Sears and have them look at it. While they were working on it, Stacy and Lizzie strolled around the mall and the girls and I got a long overdue haircut. After about an hour, we were able to leave. Nothing major was wrong - just some battery corrosion. When I tried to start the van, nothing happened. We called the mechanic back out and after much deliberation determined it was the starter. It seems to have a dead spot on it, so occasionally it won't start. We did not replace it today, for fear we would never get home if we did not leave right away! Not really - the man assured us we could make it home. Stacy and I were reflecting on this situation and decided God is amazing. He took care of us in every way - even down to having good attitudes with each other! And the girls took it all in stride, even the Princess!

No comments: