Tuesday, June 24, 2008

We are home! We enjoyed the vacation, but it is always so good to come home. We have a new Decann Date... August 12th. If an earlier appt. becomes available, the doctor will move LizBeth up. Once again, the Griswalds went to the City. This time we also brought the other two girls, one with an ear infection. Our appt. was at 1:30, but we finally made it at 3:00. Turns out there are two OU Physicains Buildings on the campus. We picked the wrong one, of course. Then we walked about 57 miles through various skywalks, only to find out the two Physcian's Buildings did not connect. We backtracked the 57 skywalk miles to the parking garage. Drove our van two blocks to another parking garage and went up two flights to Lizzie's appt. Stacy took Liz in while I medicated Katelyn. The girls and I waited in the waiting room where Katelyn slept in two chairs and Sarah and I looked at a magazine.

Stacy decided to be a comedian after meeting with the doctor. He came out all serious and when I asked what he found out, he just told me to go to the elevator. There he told me the good news. The dr. said Liz's airway was a little floppy, but not enough to make him worry. He was able to find the airway three times! God is so good. We have prayed specifically for God to open the airway, and He did. Could He have opened them sooner? Absolutely. However, I am so convinced that God's timing is always perfect. In the NICU, at home, even for that doctor's appt. If we had been on time, we would have met with the doctor's assistant. But by being late, we saw the doctor. Coincidence? I think not.

We had a great time in Ada. On the last night, we had a bonfire. It was so much fun. Liz, Nana and I stayed in the house. I did venture out for the occassional smore or hot dog though.

Katelyn's Quote of the Week: Oh, Nana, you're like 80 something years old.
Sarah's Response to Katelyn's Quote: Huh-uh. Nana is like 20 something years old, aren't you Nana?

No comments: