Friday, July 25, 2008

Update by Stacy J not Kelly A

I saw today that it had been a while since Kelly had posted an update on her blog so I took it upon myself to give an update for her. You know you have a close relationship with your wife when you can guess the password to her blog on the first try. :)

This week has been very busy. Kelly is teaching summer school from 07:30-5:30. Then we have VBS from 5:30-8:30. So that means Kelly is at the school or the church from 07:30am-8:30pm. Needless to say she is very tired.

Lizbeth has been a trooper through all of this. We intended on taking her to VBS and letting her stay as long as she was doing fine. We really thought that she would end up having to leave before VBS was over. However that has not been the case. She hears all those kids running around and she just scrambles to see what in the world she is missing. I've been staying at home with Lizbeth all this week and she has to sleep all day to gather her strength for VBS.

Lizbeth continues to make improvements in her strength. Her neck and trunk are a lot stronger than they have been, but are not quite up to where they need to be. Please continue to pray about that. We are still scheduled to go OKC in August to have the trac taken out. We are pretty excited about that. Please pray that her upper airway will be strong enough to stay open so she can breath without any problems.

Our big girls are still with the in-laws. At this point I'm not sure if we are ever going to get them back or not. If we do, there is a pretty good chance they will never get to go and stay with anyone again...ever.

That's about all I can think of. I am going to try and post some pics of Lizbeth holding her head up so ya'll can see how good she is doing.



Daddy, you are sooooo good looking.


Whoo hooo, look at me!!


Never fear, superbaby is here.


Okay, I've done my tricks, can you please feed me?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Guys,
Liz looks great - so alert and strong!!! She is doing a good job!
Thank God for all the therapists who are helping her.
I know you miss the girls; a house can get mighty empty w/them gone.
Please pray for Connie Jo - it looks like she is near the end. But, God willing, she will soon be free of her pain.
We love you all,
Darlene