Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Has it really been over a week since I last updated the blog? For Heaven's Sake, as Sarah would say. Time has gotten away from me. LizBeth is doing well. She's almost only wearing the pulse ox at night. (Stacy is the reason for the almost :) She is holding her head up much better. She likes to lie on her tummy, pull her head up and look around. Her trunk is still weak though. We are trying to help her strengthen her lower back and ab muscles. (I recommended crunches. Our PT didn't think so :)

We are scheduled to go next Tuesday to pick out LizBeth's adaptive stroller. They look a lot like little wheelchairs. This was a hard pill for me to swallow at first. "We are resigning her to a wheelchair at seven months old?" The PT explained that it would be beneficial for Liz, because right now, as weak as her trunk is, she can't sit upright. These adaptive strollers offer a 45 degree angle for Liz to sit at. This way, she can be "vertical" when she's awake instead of lying down all the time. I can see that she's improving, but some days it's not as fast as I want. She is definitely on her own time table.

Teaching 3 year olds is definitely fun! The girls are enjoying school... some days. The other morning, they asked me to just home school them. That way they could sleep in, not have seat work, and not have to play with boys. Once they get to school, Katelyn is just fine. Sarah asks me every time she sees me, "How many more hours?" Depending on my response, she will either jump and down or sigh in exasperation. We are only into our fifth week?

Katelyn has a birthday coming up on Thursday. She is so excited to be 8 years old. We are having her party on Saturday. Sarah is excited for her too. However, Stacy and I are in denial over the whole thing. How can she be 8? Good grief (another Sarah Saying), where did the time go?

No comments: