Thursday, September 18, 2008

Liz had a check up today. She weighs 15.15 lbs. and is 27 1/4" long. He thought she looked really good. We are scheduled to meet with an opthamologist in Amarillo on October 6th to check her vision. Our pediatrician thinks that would be a good idea. We do too. And Amarillo is a lot closer than the City! As for her "blowhole", he said it looked fine. This is pretty common from what I have read. We go back to the ENT in November. Maybe then we'll decide what to do about it.

The issue I couldn't name for fear of retaliation when she's older, is being taken care of with apple juice:) For the first time, we let her drink it through the bottle. She did great! Stacy took pics. I'll have to add those later. She didn't get strangled at all. In fact, when I would take the bottle out to give her a break, she would stick her tongue out and lift her head toward the bottle for some more!

Katelyn and Sarah are the best big sisters. They take care of Liz and make sure to check on her when playing. Today she stayed down in their room to play. Liz was very interested in the doll house. Kate and Sarah were playing and "shouting" in their Barbie and Pet Shop voices, so Liz shouted as well. It was sweet. I was a bit concerned about bringing this fragile baby home that would take up so much of our time, but the girls treat LizBeth just like any other baby sister. "Oh gross Lizzie. I can smell your dipey." "Aw, Liz, don't slobber on me." And my personal favorite, "Dear God, Please help Liz to stop crying so we can sleep tonight."

No comments: