Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Yesterday Elizabeth's heater for her trach collar came in! Whoo-Hoo! In the hospital, she was on a heated trach collar (it just fits around her trach and blows in heated and moistened air), and tolerated it just fine. When we got home, she didn't have a heater, so the air was moist and cold. She kicked her feet and held her breath and turned her head to get away from it. Now that we have her heater, she will wear her collar. At 2 1/2 months old, she decides if she's going to wear a trach collar or not? What are Stacy and I in for?

She's been pretty sleepy today. So have I. We had monitor errors galore last night. She also popped her HME (Heat and Moisture Exchange) off several times. The HME fits over the end of her trach and looks like a little bow tie. It does the same thing as the trach collar, but offers her more mobility.

Elizabeth likes to wake up at 12:00 and 3:00 am to play. We've had to have the talk about days are for playing and nights are for sleeping. I think she's ignoring me.

Katelyn and Sarah have informed me that there are only 26 days of school left! Wow!

I went to visit at the school today. Boy, do I miss teaching. I don't know if there is any other place in the world, besides home, where you can be greeted with leg hugs. I'm hoping to help with Kindergarten Graduation again this year.

Well, it's Stacy's night tonight. I think I'm going to bed. :-)

No comments: